The hair transplant procedure is the most important topic of the cosmetic surgery procedure involves the shifting of hair roots from the donor location to the no hair zone which must be carefully planned, evaluate and decided the hair transplant Surgeon. According to the expert hair transplant Surgeons across the globe, especially from the pink city, Jaipur who weighs the value of hair transplant in Rajasthan gives the importance to the FUT hair transplant rather than the FUE procedure. The procedure of hair restoration is both artistic and scientific, which needs more than 60% artistic skills and remaining is the scientific process. The hair transplant Doctor should consider this fact that the steps of implantation and slitting for the placement of the grafts needs an extra care and attention rather than the keenest sense of aesthetic skills. The hair transplant Surgeon/Doctor must possess the skills of aesthetic thinking that boost them to plan the procedure with the utmost satisfactory manner in terms of natural look and design.
There are mainly two techniques of hair transplant procedure, namely the FUT hair transplant & the FUE hair transplant. Both these techniques are all same in the further steps of placing, slitting and hairline design except the harvesting/extraction step, which explain the technical differences between them in terms of extraction/harvesting method.
The FUT Hair Transplant
The FUT stands for Follicular Unit hair transplant involves the strip of the skin from the safe donor area to the recipient zone in such a manner that the patient gets the needed or desired a number of hair grafts to cover the bald portion aesthetically beautiful. The FUT hair transplant is known as the worth decision in order to fulfill the needed or desired number of grafts with the assurance of sustainable hair roots for life long. The safe donor area which is targeted in the FUT hair transplant usually from the back and sides of the scalp. The hair roots of the safe area are resistant to the DHT (Di-hydro Testosterone) and never tends to fall out and that is why it is considered as the safest donor area in the procedure of hair transplant. The DHT hormone is formed by the catalysis process of the testosterone with the 5-alpha reductase. The DHT causes severe hair loss. The FUT hair transplant is the worthy selection of the hair restoration due to their technical importance of having the hair roots from the safe area via excision of the strip of the skin weighs the importance of sustainable hair rafts for the procedure.
The FUE Hair Transplant
The FUE stands for the Follicular unit extraction that needs a careful assessment from the knowing of condition of getting the FUE procedure till the extraction of roots as their each step demands an extensive forecasting or speculation sense from the Surgeon’side that may be affected by the human error leads to damage of hair roots results in the less sustainable as well as the poor graft numbers for the implantation procedure. The major drawback of the FUE hair transplant is that its target the unsafe area also to extract the hair roots, which results in the less sustainable hair roots in the less number and generally not suitable for the major grade of a NW class of baldness.
The FUE hair transplant is mainly used in the following cases:
- Body hair transplant: When there is a need of a mustache hair transplant, beard hair transplant or the eyebrow hair transplant, the FUE hair transplant is the suitable one as the needed number of hair grafts are in a fewer numbers and can be easily fulfilled by the FUE hair transplant.
- When the patient’s Donor Porion are Not Good: The FUE is recommended by the hair transplant Surgeon when the patient doesn’t possess the good donor area or they have the weak donor area density. An expert hair transplant Surgeon always tries to facilitate the option of FUT hair transplant rather than the FUE hair transplant due to their possibility of providing the highest number of grafts.
- For the lesser grade of a NW class of Baldness: When there are very few areas of the scalp are bald and patient wants to sort out without waiting the future prospect of expansion of baldness in a higher grade or the needed number of grafts to cover the no hair zone are in a very less number, the FUE hair transplant is given by the hair transplant Surgeon.
How the Hair Roots are damaged in the FUE Hair Transplant are described below:
- Splaying: This is a condition of missing the hair roots while punching process due to the deviation of the hair roots as the punching direction is based on the speculation of the Surgeon, which may lead to the damaging of hair roots.
- Wrong Angle & Direction: Hair roots can be damaged due to the wrong angle and direction of the punching. It is very much possible of getting the loss or damage to hair roots in the FUE procedure as it is not visible from the outer of the scalp skin that what is the exact angle and direction of hair roots below the skin.
- Hair Structure: The hair structure of the patient has a pivotal role in the procedure of hair transplant as the types and structure of hair such as curly, wavy or straight hair may have a different number of hair grafts and in case of curly or wavy hair, it is difficult to define the exact number of hair roots and leads to damaging the roots while punching in the FUE procedure.
- Dynamic Shift of the Hair Roots: the punching pressure in the FUE hair transplant leads to changes in the structure of the scalp skin, which deviate the exact hair root’s direction results in the damages.
On the whole, we can say that the FUT hair transplant is not only the safest and the budget cost decision, but the output is also healthy and sustainable in terms of hair grafts and free from the weaknesses of the grafts damages like the FUE procedure as the procedure involves the excision of the strip of the skin from the donor portion results in the clarity, fairness and a worthy option in the hair restoration procedure.